I love cooking and creating desserts for my loved ones so whenever I’m in the mood I prepare something nice for them and one of them is I make a no bake cheese cake. And since I’m such a budget conscious type of person I always look or choose for substitutes specially if the recipe requires for expensive ingredients. Food is symbolic of love when words are inadequate that is why I always believe that it’s not the ingredients but it is the love that you put on the preparation of the food is what makes it really delicious. So instead of doing the popular no bake oreo cheesecake and buying packs of oreo biscuits which is kind of expensive for me I bought packs of cream-o (cookies and cream flavor) instead (no offense to NABISCO, oreo biscuits is really delicious it’s just kind of expensive for me compared to its other similar biscuits in the market).
Let me now share my recipe after that long introductory part hahahaha! Actually the ingredients are very similar to the other no bake cheese cake recipe. I just don’t have really have a specific brand for the ingredients. I bought items base on their reasonable prices.
1/2 cup of crushed graham crackers (you can crush it on your own or you can buy the readily available crushed grahams.
1/2 cup crushed cream – o biscuits
1/4 cup (1 stick) of melted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 cup condensed milk
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
2 packs cream cheese, softened
1 pack of all purpose cream (250 ml)
What you will do;
For the crust
- Combine and blend well the crushed grahams, brown sugar and the melted butter.
- Spread the mixture on the bottom of the spring form pan. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon or with your palms.
- Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes until firm.
For the filling;
- In another bowl, combine and mix well the cream cheese, all purpose cream and the crushed cream – o biscuits . Add condensed milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Dissolved the unflavored gelatin over low heat, or in the microwave oven, when the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
- Mix well the cream cheese mixture until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the spring form pan so it comes to the top. Smooth it out like a real pro using a spatula and top it with bits of the cream – o biscuits.
- Place it in the fridge and chill until it’s set. This should take 5 to 6 hours but overnight is preferred.