My beef brocolli recipe is very simple and easy to follow using ingredients that you can easily find in your local market.
- 3/4 pound flank or sirloin, sliced thinly across the grain
- 3/4 pound broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic very finely minced
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sugar and pepper to taste
For the beef marinade (optional):
- 2-3 table tablespoon barbecue marinade sauce
- 3 tablespoon of lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Marinade the beef for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, heat cooking oil and stir fry beef until color change to brown and then set aside.
- In the same pan, saute garlic and onion.
- Add in the beef and pour dissolved cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Stir cook for another 5-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, blanch or steam the broccoli by cooking it in a small pot with at least an inch of boiling water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Add in broccoli to the beef mixture and adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Remove from heat then served with steamed rice.