Everyone loves chocolate cookies! Who doesn’t? I prefer the soft and chewy variant. These goodies goes well with milk or coffee. Good for on the go snack or whenever you feel the need to satisfy your cravings for something sweet!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 table-spoon non fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate flavored quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time.
- Beat well and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and milk gradually.
- Stir the dry mixture into the creamed mixture until no flour is visible.
- Now mix in the chocolate chips. Stir to evenly incorporate into the mixture.
- Chill the mixture for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator before rolling and baking.
- If you are ready to bake preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll balls of the mixture and place it 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Optional: For extra crispy cookies, bake them longer at a lower temperature.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.