An awesome simple recipe for chicken leg quarters that you can prepare for a week long packed meal. What makes it easy to prepare is that the procedures is very basic and easy to follow, just chicken leg quarters and a bunch of spices from your spice rack. A simple yet flavorful chicken, sophisticated enough for a delicious baon!
- 8 Chicken leg Quarters
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon or calamansi juice
- 2-3 tablespoon barbecue marinade sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- butter and slices of lemon (optional)
- Before cooking, you can marinade the chickens ahead of time by combining all the ingredients and rubbing over all the chicken leg quarters.
- When ready to cook prepare and place the chicken pieces skin-side up.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil drizzled with some vegetable oil.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the leg quarters and topped with lemon slices or butter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Make sure you bake them until the juices run clear and until chickens are no longer pink or until the skin has achieved the desired level of brownness.
- Transfer it to your meal prep containers with roasted veggies on the side.
Happy Meal Planning!