If you are a newbie in baking you’ll definitely enjoy doing this. This recipe has simple ingredients and the procedures are very easy to follow. Great for a quick and easy snack.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, medium-sized beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole or non fat milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate bar roughly chopped (60g)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Line the muffin pans with liners.
- Combine sugar and egg, beat well.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until white. Now add in vegetable oil and milk.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder to combine; set aside.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients. Add in the liquid mixture and lightly stir just until combined.
- Finally, add in semi-sweet chocolate chips and stir to combine. The batter should be a little lumpy and quite liquidy.
- Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups. Topped it off with extra semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.